My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

A very outgoing 30-something. Transplanted from Western Canada to Southern USA. An avid reader, prolific writer, and a musician.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Things that make you go....

Ok! I know it's been a while. But shit happens here in buttcrack!

First let me say how very much I hate living here. HATE it. Well except for the wisteria and magnolia trees and daffodils growing wild. Those I like. The rest can collectively suck my ass.

Sunday night began the long torturous season that is called TORNADO! *sigh* At this moment, I would glady move back to the land of -20 and 2 feet of snow. Please? Between 8pm Sunday and 5:30am Monday, 63 tornado's had touched down within a 100 mile radius of my home. The deadliest of which hit less than 15 miles, killing 24 people. Thankfully I am spared again, but you cannot live that close to destruction and death and not respond. You just can't. One father lost his son, daughter-in-law, and 2 grandchildren in one stroke. And to make it worse, he is the towns only mortician. It is heartbreaking really. The whole season is just bullshit to me, I mean who in the hell wants to go through the constant stress of OMG, into the safe room! Omg.. storm, eep no power AGAIN!. Not me, and this week I have been heard loud and clear that it is time to move.

In amongst that I have been doing employee evaluations, writing the new legislation bid based on our pilot program that will do a LOT of good nationwide for those that need it most, keeping up with a mother that needs bypass surgery and is too stubborn to do what she needs to do, reconnecting with my father and enjoying that immensely, praying for a step-son in Iraq, renovating around the house, celebrating with my baby sis on buying her new home, and basically trying to find some time alone. I will be traveling again soon, to a couple of places... and I am going to have some fun damnit!

To quote someone I like....

How do you capture a rainbow and put it in a blog? How do you hold God’s kitten in the palm of your hand? How do you make flowers grow by sheer whimsy alone?

You don’t. But fuck you. PRETEND!


Hehe ok.. I feel better now... carry on!

3 Comments:

Blogger UberGoober said...

So where do I line up for the collective ass sucking. :) You all had your chance to buy the house across from me... Nice and safe here, no tornados, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no flooding. Glad to hear that you are alive and well though. Good luck with your prospective move. :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger the Chad said...

So that's who I have to blame for the cold weather here in Canada. Come on, it's cold enough here year around without the people of the South having tornadoes every other week pushing the cold air masses North. Haven't you had enough yet. Really?? Ok, so I'm being a little bit of a shit disturber. All i can say is that I'm happy that you're alright. And as for the weather, tomorrow it'll be 18 C (66 for those in the South).

6:51 PM  
Blogger Vixxen said...

LOL bite it!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home