My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

A very outgoing 30-something. Transplanted from Western Canada to Southern USA. An avid reader, prolific writer, and a musician.

Monday, July 24, 2006

My Mistake

I dreamt of a rose last night.
My words dripping lovers tears,
I love you,
Words that so seldom escaped my lips.
My love wilted in this memory
As I closed my eyes and whispered your name,
And before you disappeared, I saw your face.

I dreamt of the truth last night.
I am your habit, your conquest, your addiction
My skin you touched, but your heart is hidden.
Your eyes burned lies through the haze,
As I closed my mind and saw your face.

I dreamt of my mistakes last night.
I opened my heart as you devoured my soul,
I knew what was to come, and I still cowered
When you stood so magnificent at my door.
I tried to tell you the truth that day,
But I closed my eyes and could see only your face.

I dreamt of my lies last night.
The words that I let escape my lips,
I still love you.
How long did I know that it was not true?
A month?
Two?
I tried to tell you, but the words always escaped,
When I opened my door and saw your face.

I dreamt of your power last night.
The control you have over my words and mind.
As you tear at the petals, and pause the time.
I have wanted to escape, but you feed me so many lies,
That I think its you I see when I close my eyes.
I don’t want to long for another loveless embrace,
Yet when I close my eyes I still see your face.

I dreamt of my escape last night.
Prying your powerful arms from my weak frame,
I turned around and saw your face
Your anger, your misery, every wound you’ve made,
And I turned and ran, I ran away.
And when I looked back from where I came
You were gone again, and I don’t remember your face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Wow, that is so powerful. I absolutely love it!

7:45 PM  
Blogger the Chad said...

Truly moving.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home