My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

A very outgoing 30-something. Transplanted from Western Canada to Southern USA. An avid reader, prolific writer, and a musician.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hello Pinocchio!


Have you ever had a friend that you thought the world of, respected highly and admired, only to find out that in the end they have been more dishonest than the average joe, because its been an intentional campaign to lie to you? Honesty is a perception thing. It all depends on what your personal definition is. We all either lie by omission, or tell those "oh its in their best interest" lies, and I am not talking about that. I am talking about when two people take the time to become friends, and move past the acquaintance stage to share deeply personal and intimate details of our lives. To laugh and share and cry and just be able to "fellowship" with each other. And then you find out that no... the other person isn't realllllly like that, ha HA! the jokes on you!

I discovered several things in the past few days, completely by accident mind you and completely on my own without the malicious aid of some backstabbing asshole who just wants to cause shit (you know the kind Im talking about). At first I was like hmm.. well.. isnt that interesting. Kinda irked, but not necessarily enough to say something. After all, I am a big believer in people having the right to do as they see fit, so long as it doesn't directly affect me. I am also a very loyal friend who knows how to keep her mouth shut, and when to give a kick in the pants when deserved. Oh yeah, and I would never let a girlfriend go out in an outfit that made her arse look 12 axehandles wide, no matter how much she loved the material! After a couple of days of mulling it over, I just had to write about it. This person doesn't know what I have discovered, and I am not even sure that it is worth it now to try and go beyond this hurt, because we have been down this road before. We have discussed boundaries and friendship, and the issues that I discovered were questions asked directly before, and apparently lied to about. I know this all sounds mysterious and sinister, and I refuse to tell the name of my friend, because I have more class than that. But if you either hook me up with Matthew McConnaghy or tie me up with Wonder Woman's Truth Rope, I could be broken. :)

I am a detail person. I always pay attention to them, and I always am very thorough with anything I do. So my motto is, if you are gonna lie and don't want to look like a fool... don't do it around me. It's not honesty that is the issue so much as it is the trust that gets broken when someone decides to intentionally be an ass. I know that I personally have had a lot of people either misunderstand who I am, or just assume that I am something based on a comment I have made, or a rumor someone else has started. I don't play that game either. I will always come to you if I have a concern, and you matter to me. I am also pretty approachable if you want to ask me something as well. I just personally don't hang my shit out for people to take potshots at a whole lot.

As for my "friend".. I only have this advice.

You must exercise the most extraordinary integrity, because you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. You are better than this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's.. interesting. :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Vixxen said...

I know I know, so much I could have said and didn't huh? lol. I promise I won't be posting frustrated....often. :)

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home