My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

A very outgoing 30-something. Transplanted from Western Canada to Southern USA. An avid reader, prolific writer, and a musician.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Poseys




I have been a gardening freak this year. It's like everything I see I want to plant around the property somewhere. And really, if you like to work in the soil, it is so comforting. With the humidity and the heat, it makes everything grow at hyper speed it seems. The magnolia tree that started out 3 summers ago, at 3 feet high, is now about 15 feet high and blossoming like crazy. I love it!

I also have pink hydrangea, periwinkle hydrangea, both pink and red hibiscus, amaryllis, 5 kinds of lillies, 3 kinds of daffodils hollybush hedges, and various kinds of green and/or flowering shrubs. I also discovered the Angel Trumpet vine that grows all over the place here, with the most delicious looking orange/red trumpet flowers! I'm getting that to climb my trellis now. My blackberries are growing fat and juicy, and and .. maters are the size of grapefruits!

The top left is wisteria... need I say more. Its just dreamy and romantic. *sigh*. The top right is a magnolia blossom. When did I become Martha?

4 Comments:

Blogger UberGoober said...

I like a nice garden too, but I leave the names and whatnot to my wife. She plans and picks, I'm just the muscle that digs the holes and moves the mulch and soil. I love the name "Snap Dragons" and we have these flowers in the front yard that I know are NOT Snap Dragons, but when I see them all I can think of is Snap Dragons.

Ignorance is Bliss.

OOOOH look at the pretty Snap Dragons.

:)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Vixxen said...

LOL.. muscle is a good thing... wanna come play in my garden? *innocent look*

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay away from my huzbend.

:)
He might like you and your garden!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Vixxen said...

LOL! I think he's quite content playing in your garden tyvm :) I will just lust from afar *smile*. heehee

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home