My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

A very outgoing 30-something. Transplanted from Western Canada to Southern USA. An avid reader, prolific writer, and a musician.

Friday, August 12, 2005

And I'm Gonna Snap

This week has been the week from hell. Today is our annual audit day, and you would think that the rest of the people I work with, would be prepared. After all, the whole reason for having the audit is to a) make sure we aren't breaking any privacy laws, and are working cases properly, and b) to have our performance documented so that we continue to GET FUNDING! Hello... I think having a steady job is kind of a neat concept, dont you? We were notified 3 months ago that today would be the big day. We were even given a heads up about which cases they wanted to pull from, as well as various and sundry reports they wanted ready. Could it be any easier? I hopped to it, and made sure to pencil in my tasks, leaving the final reports for this week. All I had to do was hit print.


That was until Tuesday, at 3:45 pm.


That was when my boss decided to lay out some big long-winded thing about what someone "forgot" to do, and blah blah, yak yak, blah.. I need you to do this k? Now I fully realize that where my work is concerned, I am a serious over-achiever. I realize that not many people are going to be as anal retentive about stuff as I am, nor are they able to work well under pressure... like I am.. and I accept that. What chaps my ass is that when you have this trait people around you tend to dump all kinds of shit on you.. fully expecting you to bail them out and they take all the credit. Pffft. They can eat my ass with a spoon. I did it again... and now the auditor is raving about how organized things are. HELLO! Do you see the bags under my eyes from staying up all night? *sigh*. I did tell my boss this morning though, that I would no longer do that. They are on their own.


Is it 4:30 yet... cause I have a jug of margueritas with my name all over it... somewhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home